Leather chair is a high-value furniture item bringing grace and elegance to your living room. The lifespan of leather can be extended by taking good care of it. Proper maintenance can save you from embarrassing situations. There is no need to invest in a professional service if follow these simple tips on how to clean leather like a pro. Sometimes furniture labels can be misleading, and you may end up with fake leather furniture. www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/home/misleading-furniture-labels-how-to-tell-whether-youve-got-the-real-deal/2018/01/05/220d7760-cfbd-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.f9394a853c34 provides valuable information on how to get a real deal.
Here are some leather chair maintenance tips:
· Leather chairs are expensive, and even a small scratch can leave you heart-broken. Scratches can be easily removed depending on its severity by just rubbing your finger on it. All you need to do is to apply natural oil to your finger and rub it on the scratch; you can see it blend naturally. Shoe polish is also an option to give a try.
· Leather items should be kept away from direct sunlight. With constant exposure to the sun’s ray, it tends to crack, harden and fade. Protect it with a cover or move it away from sunlight.
· Use a dry cloth from top to bottom to get rid of the dust and crumbs. Avoid use cleaning products on the leather to maintain its sheen and originality.
· Remove stains and spills immediately by using a damp cloth. It is the only time wetness is introduced into the leather chair. Products like alkaline or ammonia are a strict no, as it could damage the leather beyond repair.
· Being a natural product, leather has to be conditioned every 6-12 months. Leather breathes and takes the moisture from the air to keep it soft and flexible.
· Leather stretches over a period. The stretches can be removed using a hairdryer. Turn the hair dryer to its hottest mode and then heat up the stretched leather portion. You can see the leather shrink back to its original size.
· Use a brush attachment that comes with the vacuum to remove the dirt and crumbs in-between the crannies. Use only a soft brush to scratches.
· Any spills have to be removed instantly to prevent discoloration of the leather surface. A paper tissue or a damp cloth can remove the spills perfectly. The leave it to dry to ensure there is no moisture on the leather.
· Any liquid can leave a mark on the leather chair. So, stay away from water while near leather furniture.
· If you want to see excellent results and extend the life of the leather furniture, turn to professional help. They have the expertise and experience to provide the correct care for your leather furniture. They follow manufacturer’s instruction to the core to transform your furniture into as good as new.
Maintaining your leather furniture, gives it durability. Once you have decided on professional leather care, help is around the corner. Leather furniture can be expensive, but there is affordable furniture dealer who can offer you the best value for the money spent.